It's Gluten-free, Dairy-free, & Low-sugar
This quick and easy salad will leave you mentally sharp and satiated all day with fiber, healthy fats, and a ton of lean protein. The nuts, celery, and dried fruit provide you with fiber that keeps you full and improves digestion. The nuts and mayo will help keep your heart and brain firing on all cylinders with healthy fats. I recommend using a mayo made with olive oil rather than seed oils; seed oils, like canola and sunflower seed oil, can contain PUFAs (Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids) that lead to toxic build up and inflammation in the body. Lastly, the fats and protein from the chicken breast will keep you full and help with muscle repair and growth while keeping weight at bay.
Read on for the recipe...
Total meal prep time: 20 minutes maximum
Makes 3-4 meals
•1 pound of poached chicken breast tenders
•3 sliced stalks of celery
•1/4 c. olive oil mayo
•1/4 c. dried cranberries
•1/8 c. chopped raw pecans
•Salt & pepper to taste
1. Add chicken breast tenders to the bottom of a large saucepan without overlapping them. Cover them with 1” of salt and water.
2. Turn the heat on medium-high. Bring the water to a boil, then cover and simmer for 8-12 mins (depending on size of strips) or until a thermometer inserted into the center of the meat reads 165 degrees F.
3. Chop and slice pecans and celery while you wait.
4. Remove chicken from water, place on cutting board, and let cook for a few mins. Shred with 2 forks until it is at a desired consistency.
5. Add cooled, shredded chicken breast, mayo, and salt and pepper (to taste) to a large mixing bowl.
6. Mix all ingredients until mayo is thoroughly integrated with the chicken.
7. Gently fold in cranberries, pecans, and celery.
8. Enjoy with crackers (I like these GF ones), on rice cakes, on a bed of your favorite lettuce, or however your heart desires!
*Should last for 3-4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Save this recipe card below for your recipe book or on your favorite mobile device to take on-the-go:
I would love it if you would let me know what you think of this easy, healthy lunch recipe or share it with a friend!
If you're looking for other delicious meal prep ideas for a healthy lifestyle, see my Easy Paleo Meal Prep Recipe or my Teriyaki Chicken, Sautéed Veggies, and Coconut Rice Meal Prep!
#glutenfreefood #glutenfreelife #eatrealfood #healthyrecipes #freefrom #everythinginmoderation#dairyfreelife #healthyrecipe #glutenfreerecipes#portioncontrol #dairyfreerecipes#mindfuleating #mealpreprecipesforweightloss #PUFAs #seedoils #proteinrecipe #oliveoil #lowcarb #Atkins #SouthBeachDiet